Thursday, August 21, 2008

Star Wars: The Clone Wars by Karen Traviss

The geek in me prevails with Star Wars: The Clone Wars. I picked it up because the cartoon/movie was in theaters and I knew I wasn't going to pay $10 to watch a computer toon.

I enjoy Karen Traviss's (or is it Travissi?) Star Wars books. She has written the Republic Commando video game spin off books. So I opened The Clone Wars with some eager expectations. Nevermind that it is a thin hard back book.

Supposedly there are going to be more of these stories. I'm guessing they are going to tie-in with the cartoon series coming out. I have no idea if this first book is based off the new movie in theaters but here's what it's about:

Someone has stolen Jabba the Hutt's son - that's right his son. Both the bad guys and good guys (Seperatists and Republic) want to rescue the boy so their armies can use Jabba's space to travel.

Of course, Anakin and Obi Wan are the only jedi capable of such an incredible task. They take their clone troopers and perform the search and rescue.

I can't believe this book made it to hard back. This is a series that should be marketed in the Young Adult section. Jabba's son??? Give me a break.

This can be filed under the, "I-had-to-finish-it-because-I-started-it" section. I won't be reading any other additions to this series.

No comments: