Monday, November 24, 2008

The Copper Scroll by Joel Rosenberg

I'm breezing through these novels by Joel Rosenberg. The Copper Scroll is the fourth book in this political series. We're following the same characters. Jon Bennett and his new wife.

They are called back to service while they're on their honeymoon. And they aren't happy about it, they quit there political positions in the last book. But if they refused this presidential request, we wouldn't have this book.

There's a copper scroll out there (hence the title) that supposedly gives clues where the treasures of the Temple that Solomon built.

Bennett and his wife are tasked to find it. And, wait a minute, if they find this scroll, they may find the actual Ark of the Covenant. (The one Indiana Jones found)

Meanwhile, the new President of Iraq desires the treasure for himself and continue to rebuild Babylon. (can we say Anti-Christ anyone?)

I'm glad I only have one more book to read in this series. Like I've said before, I enjoy the political thriller aspects but the religious preaching sickens me.

No comments: