Monday, March 16, 2009

Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer

These books take forever to be available at the library. You'd think they were popular or something.

Eclipse is the third book in the Twilight series. We have vampires fighting werewolves, and vampires fighting vampires. And somewhere in the middle of the action is this incredibly sickening love story.

Bella is the human. Edward is the vampire she loves. Jacob is the werewolf she loves.

Yes, that's right - Jacob has she loved.

So there's this triangle thing going on. And werewolves hate vampires and vice versa.

That's the love story. The action comes because there's a vampire from the first novel who continues to hunt Bella to avenge her mate's death. Or something like that; and there's a big royal rumble in the woods to finish the book.

I had the same issues with this book as I did with the first two novels - so I won't get into them. You can search for those reviews on here.

The biggest complaint I have for Eclipse is Bella. That character drives me crazy! Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I cannot see a girl acting this way. Maybe I'm wrong. It's possible.

In this story, and for the series as a whole, Bella wants to have sex with Edward but she doesn't want to get married. Edward is opposite, he wants to wait for them to get married first. This drives Bella crazy.

At the end of Eclipse Edward gives in and tells Bella that he's ready to do whatever will make her happy. And do you think Bella is overjoyed?!?! Not in the slightest! She goes against her entire argument, for 3 books now!, and says, "let's wait until after we're married".

Just one more book and my suffering will be over.

No comments: