Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Kabul 24 by Henry O. Arnold & Ben Pearson

Kabul 24 tells the story of 8 workers with the Shelter Now International humanitarian effort in Afghanistan.

Before the 9/11 attacks they were working, building relationships, buildings and connections when "the betrayal" happend, they were arrested, inprisoned and feared for their lives.

What's amazing is I don't remember hearing one single newsbite about this story or these people.

This books sheds light on what it was like for these Christians who spent 105 days as prisoners of the Taliban.

Pearson and Arnold are making a documentary film by the same name and you can find more info at http://www.kabul24movie.com/


The way this book is written, they portray the 8 people as almost saintly - I can't really put my finger on it but I was disturbed by how skewed the writing was.

I know that sounds bad because they were kidnapped and held by the Taliban. But I can't help but think, the way the authors use their words, you'd think Christians were called to hate their enemies.



I review for Thomas Nelson Book Review Bloggers

No comments: