Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Earth

I enjoy watching nature shows. I like watching the predator chase down the rabbit or even when the rabbit sneaks away. I know I'm going to get a lesson on saving the animal's habitat and, sue me, I enjoy it.

Then I watched Disney's Earth DVD.

Before we get too far ahead of ourselves, I need to explain why I don't like this film.

If you have already seen the documentary that Discovery and the BBC released called Planet Earth, you have seen Disney's earth. They essentially trimmed down the nature shots so it can be seen as a film, and added James Earl Jones as the narrator.

Because this is a slimmer Planet Earth, the shots are still phenominal. But they are the same exact shots we've already seen.

If you haven't seen Planet Earth, you need to rent it.

If you don't have the attention span for a multi-disc documentary like Planet Earth, rent Earth.

No comments: