Thursday, July 8, 2010

New Moon

Because I'm not a teenage girl, I didn't see New Moon in theaters, but because I'm a sucker, I borrowed it from the library on DVD.

I have read 3 of the 4 books in this Twilight saga but that was a long time ago. The movies are fairly faithful to the books even to a fault - the actors and actresses are atrocious.

Kristen Stewart plays the vampire-loving-accident-prone-Juliet-channeling Bella. My hope would be that her character is the result of how she portrays the person of Bella but if not, the performance of every actor in these films are gut-wrenching.

Robert Pattinson returns as Edward. He's the vampire who loves to torment Bella by being so close to her yet going away for 2/3rds of this movie because he doesn't want to hurt her.

Taylor Lautner is the best of the three here with his acting ability. But even his chance to shine stumbles over the script. Lautner plays Jacob - who we find turns into a werewolf. And, surprise surprise, they are the mortal enemies of vampires. AND - Both Jacob and Edward are in love with Bella.

And Bella loves them both.

I cannot believe these make as much money as they do. I think, at this point, it's just the fact that it's Twilight. If they were to make the next 2 movies with just the characters standing around staring at each other, the audience would shell out the millions.

Complete garbage.
The Twilight Saga: New Moon (Two-Disc Special Edition)

No comments: