Monday, August 23, 2010

Kick Ass

Kick Ass is not quite the movie I was expecting. After watching this pseudo-Superhero movie, I thought I had just watched my first Quentin Tarantino movie. With all the F-bombs and extreme violence, I will not recommend this movie for anything.

Seriously, the characters say the "F" word about 100 times! That is enough to sicken me - for any movie.

The violence and gore is over-the-top. Simply not needed. I don't care if this is based on a bloody graphic novel.

This movie stars a bunch of no-namers who desire to be superheroes (you can tell by the cover of the DVD. I haven't read the graphic novel so I wasn't sure what to expect.

The only -ONLY- redeeming value of this movie was the storyline of Nicolas Cage's character, Big Daddy. His superhero costume resembles Batman's and he even talks like Adam West's version of Batman.

It was fun to see Cage beat up the bad guys. But again, the blood and gore was too much.

As a taste of what's in store for the gore: they microwave a guy!

Insane and a waste of time.

Do not watch this movie.
Kick-Ass

No comments: