Thursday, January 6, 2011

Predators

I finally got to see this film. This film that I have been waiting for since I heard they were returning to a jungle.

Predators tells the story of how a new trio of predators hunt on an alien planet. They hunt all kinds of alien predators - including humans.

Starring Adrien Brody as a mercenary, Topher Grace as a doctor, Alice Braga as a sniper, and Laurence Fishburne as a crazy dude who's killed a couple predators while surviving on the planet.

This film has everything that lovers of the Arnold movie had. It takes place in the jungle, the humans  have huge guns and the predators don't show up until well into the film.

You don't need a deep character-driven plot to keep this movie entertaining, however there is a nice twist at the end. Some will see it coming, but the action is what makes this film.

I'm not sure how I feel about the predators using dogs and a bird to help in their hunt but I understand the need to continue the mythos of these creatures.

There is also the high use of bad language. You just have to have this in a good predator movie.
Who knows if there will be a sequel but this was a winner.
Predators

No comments: