Monday, May 2, 2011

How To Train Your Dragon

I enjoyed this computer-generated cartoon. I had heard it won its support through word-of-mouth and they weren't wrong.

You follow the vikings in their quest to destroy dragons. The viking leader, Stoick (Gerard Butler) wants nothing more than to eradicate their nest. Stoick's son Hiccup (Jay Baruchel) discovers a truth that will forever alter the viking's way of battle.

The story is a typical one that you'll find in almost every story. I wonder why there are so many father/son/problem plots. You'd think that's the only way to connect emotionally with the audience.

The animation is fantastic. I wish I had seen this in 3D but the DVD was good enough. You won't be surprised at how this film resolves the problems but you may be surprised at why the dragons do what they do and ultimately what happens to Hiccup.

I don't think I'd buy this movie, but it made a great rental from the library.
How to Train Your Dragon (Single Disc Edition)

No comments: