Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The Emperor's New Groove

Our final cartoon movie was The Emperor's New Groove. I had been told over and over again that this was a great movie. And after playing Disney-Pixar Scene It, I decided it was time for my eyes to feast upon this supposedly epic movie.

Starring David Spade as the Emperor, John Goodman as the commoner who ends up helping him, and Patrick Warburton as the evil henchman, this movie does deal out some well deserved laughs.

I think the loudest I laughed was from a scene I saw while playing the Scene It game; when the emperor (as a llama) is in the middle of sleeping pumas and a squirrel pops a balloon. For some reason little animated squirrels are always cute and funny.

The film is about an egotistical emperor who wants to destroy a village to build his summer home and his evil sorceress who wants his throne. She turns him into a llama and her henchman chucks him into a wagon heading out into the forest.

The emperor and a commoner team-up in order to return him to the palace and be restored.

Not the greatest Disney movie, but worth the time it took to watch. Maybe I was just in a toon kinda mood for these films.

3 1/2 out of 5 stars.

No comments: