Friday, December 12, 2008

The Incredible Hulk

Special effects was the only plus side to this film. Edward Norton as Bruce Banner (aka The Incredible Hulk)? No. Liv Tyler (aka breathe heavy in all lines girl) as Betty Ross? No. William Hurt has big mustache military man? No. This film was horribly miscast. I lost count how many times I thought Norton was pathetic (I am, of course, biased. I don't care for his acting) and how annoyed I got at Tyler's heavy breathing moans.

The best part of this film, outside of the special effects, was the very end when Tony Stark made an entrance and spoke about "forming a team". BRING ME IRON MAN!

The Hulk did look better in this film than the previous film. But the story for both films was awful.

In this version, Bruce Banner is hiding from General Ross and the US Army in a far away country. He is taking steps to prevent himself from getting "worked up" and turning into The Hulk.

Because some of Banner's blood drops into a bottle of silly juice and comic creator Stan Lee drinks it and dies, the army Special Forces is on the hunt.

The Special Forces team is led by a man who wants to get stronger and faster to take on the green creature. Thanks to General Ross, he becomes another Hulk-type and they call him Abomination. The final fight between the two behemoths was touted as this fantastic eye candy...it left me wanting to watch something else.

This is why I waited for a friend to loan this movie to me. There is no way I would ever pay for something like this.

Let's hope the upcoming Captain America and Thor are more along the lines of Iron Man and let this film go away.

No comments: