Sunday, July 5, 2009

Notes From The Tilt-A-Whirl by N.D. Wilson

When I saw that this book was written by a poet, my heart sank. If I wanted to create the shortest book review ever I would say Notes from the Tilt-a-Whirl is a poor example from a Donald Miller (Blue Like Jazz) wannabe.

N.D. Wilson writes in a cadence that leaves me with headaches. He may have writers ADD - is that offensive?

Wilson discusses the deeper areas of faith in a manner that is both confusing and he uses language that I found insulting - especially since this book was published by a Christian company.

So having said that short bit: if you want to read engaging Christian-themed questions, read Blue Like Jazz or Searching for God Knows What by Donald Miller.

If you want confusion and headaches, read Notes from the Tilt-a-Whirl.

No comments: