Friday, September 4, 2009

War of the Worlds

For some reason my parents gave this VHS to me. I guess they thought I should add it to my collection of absolutely horrible movies.

This version of War of the Worlds is a direct adaptation of the novel by H.G. Wells. And I mean, as if he took the pages out of the book and inserted them into this movie.

As you watch this film, you'd swear it was made by the British. No offense to the British or anything but their films are not of the same caliber as Hollywood.

However, upon looking at the back of the box, I discovered that this was made in The United States. Not only that but it was made in 2005!

You wouldn't believe it to see it. The video quality is horrible and the special effects are worse than what you'd expect from the latest video game system.

Then there's the actual storyline...this movie proves that it's best to make a movie BASED on a book rather than a direct copy from the book.

Sorry mom and dad, but this movie wound up in the trash.

No comments: