Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Kite Runner

The Kite Runner is incredibly long. This along with some intense scenes left me with a very bad taste in my mouth.

I'll tell you what I thought of as this movie dragged on and on. Remember the Robin Williams movie Bicentennial Man?Bicentennial Man

That's what it felt like I was watching. You follow this character from boyhood to adulthood. Near the end, once he adopted his step-whatever, I thought we'd continue and watch this new boy grow up.

For heaven's sake, enough with the long, boring movies already.

The actual film is interesting. Dealing with what it's like to live in Afghanistan before and after the Russians invaded and the rise of the Taliban, you get a very raw sense of how horrible it must have been for those living there.

I don't recommend this movie unless you loved the book and enjoy long, drawn out films.
The Kite Runner

No comments: