Friday, April 23, 2010

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith

It there any question as to why this book was a Best Seller? Pride and Prejudice and Zombies takes the literary work of Jane Austen and makes it accessible to the late-night horror fan.

Unfortunately, they kept much of Austen's writing style in this version so the plot drags and I was pushing myself to continue reading.

My thought process looked like this: "Just a few more pages and a zombie has to appear and gnaw on some appendage."

Sorta sick once I look back on it.

Sadly, I did not enjoy this book as much as I enjoyed the prequel.

The story drops you in the town of Meryton and the zombies have been walking around for some time. The Bennet sisters are quite fluent in dispatching the undead along with handling the sophomoric advances of men like Mr Darcy.

Bottom-line: it keeps the social commentary aspects of Austen while adding gruesome details.

The pictures are quite vivid.
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: The Classic Regency Romance - Now with Ultraviolent Zombie Mayhem!

No comments: