Monday, November 29, 2010

I AM

If you are a fan of non-linear storytelling ala Crash, you may enjoy I AM.

A snobby heiress is diagnosed with cancer and wants to be frozen in cryogenics.  Her brother is willed the family fortune if she dies before turning 50. She's 49.

A detective is on a vengeance search for the doctor who killed his wife during an experiment.

A once-famed rocker has become a shell of a man after his son is tragically killed in an accident.

The future Los Angeles District Attorney is squeaky clean until he learns about his girlfriend's past.

All of these storylines connect within this film. There are some nice twists and small surprises but overall, the movie is very slow. It may have made a good made-for-tv movie with the commercials breaking up the boring story.

Having said that, I AM was made to show to non-Christians. Throughout the film, they project one of the Ten Commandments and you realize how each character is breaking them.

Rated PG-13 for thematic elements and an intense scene.

I am giving copies away for free. All that I need is the cost to cover Shipping & Handling. Leave a comment if you'd like a copy for Christmas.

I Am

No comments: