Sunday, May 29, 2011

The Other Guys

I didn't have high hopes for this Will Farrell (Megamind, Everything Must Go) movie. The trailer looked horrible and I figured this would be a typical Farrell movie. At this point in his career if you've seen one Will Farrell comedy, you've seen them all.

I do like his work in more serious/drama films.

The Other Guys are Farrell and Mark Wahlberg (The Fighter, Invincible); two detectives who are on the bottom rung of the police force. Farrell is a money man and Wahlberg shot Derek Jeter during a baseball game. They're the joke.

But they get their chance to be heroes after some crazy circumstances. (I wasn't sure what to think after The Rock and Samuel L. Jackson plummeted to their death)

I will say that Farrell knows how to do oddball comedy. Some of the things that come out of his mouth are genius in their timing and totally from left field. Most of the time, though, I wasn't laughing.

The language is over-the-top but more importantly, the movie is just bad. Or maybe stupid is a better word to describe it.

I'm beginning to wonder if this guy is trying to make movies that are only funny after you've been awake for 12 hours straight.

As funny as he is, Will Farrell made a bad movie here.
The Other Guys (Rated)

No comments: