Monday, June 20, 2011

Due Date

After 10 minutes of watching this film I turned to my wife and said, "I've seen this already except it starred Steve Martin and John Candy and it was called Planes, Trains and Automobiles."

The story is the same and the characters are the same.

The only difference is that Due Date has much more language than the Martin/Candy version. (Which, as my review critics will explain, is to be expected in an R-rated movie)

Robert Downey Jr. is trying to get home to his wife before she goes into labor with their first child. Zach Galifianakis is an aspiring actor trying to meet with his agent.

They run into each other at the airport and Galifianakis continues to be a bother for Downey Jr. After being forced to exit their plane, they have to go on a cross-country drive to California in a small call with a dog.

I'm trying to remember if there was a moment in which I found anything humorous in this film...and I can't think of any.

The film actually hit rock bottom; no below rock bottom, when it showed 2 and a Half Men at the end of the movie.

Forget this horrible movie and watch Steve Martin and John Candy be hilarious.

Due Date

No comments: