Monday, November 10, 2008

The Bourne Supremacy

I know, I know; it's been a while since this film's been out. Let me tell you, our library is just catching up with the rest of the world. And seeing as I enjoy things free - I pick up most of my movies from the library.

I really enjoyed The Bourne Supremacy. Because I just now saw it, I can't really compare it to the first film, The Bourne Identity. This sequel was a fine-tuned machine.

Matt Damon returns as Jason Bourne. He's the guy who was trained to be an assassin and then lost his memory. That was the first film.

Supremacy picks up with Bourne and his girlfriend living in India trying to keep a low profile. Unfortunately, another hitman, played by Karl Urban (Lord of the Rings) finds them and kills the girl.

This causes Bourne to do what any distraught hitman would do; seek revenge and answers from those who did it.

Enter the Federal Agent who knows nothing about the first movie, Joan Allen. Who assisted by Julia Stiles and Brian Cox engaged with Bourne in a case of mistaken identity and assumptions made wrong. (seemed to be the weekend for those kind of films**see Bend it Like Beckham review**)

The fighting scenes are great. The car crashes that were used in the first film are used again. So basically it's a similar film, but you continue to learn a bit about Bourne. Can't wait to see the next one.

No comments: