Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Last Command by Timothy Zahn

The final book in what is called "The Thrawn Trilogy" has just been finished.

The Last Command was a huge disappointment for me. I kept digging through the story even after I had given up in my mind. It was like I was in a daze.

It could be that Timothy Zahn was restrained at what he could write about. This trilogy was the first addition to George Lucas' work that Lucas allowed so maybe Zahn couldn't write the story he wanted to.

But this final story was basically a re-telling of Return of the Jedi. We had the epic space battle, we had the forest-based ground battle, and we had the jedi lightsaber battle all at the same time.

This trilogy was a wash-out for me. I didn't enjoy reading them. Thank goodness it's over. Now let me get into some better books.

No comments: